Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

What I See - Random Images of Nature that Look Like Animals

For a while it seemed that every time I would take some photo's I would later see an animal image depending on how I cropped it (REAL photographers don't use PhotoShop, we use our raw image and resize or do the effect with lense filters ON THE SPOT, not on a computer).

Here is one example up in the Blue Ridge Mountains, on the Parkway in fact, at a very well known spot.  See if you can name the location?

What do you see?
If you don't see anything but rock and tree's then I'd have to classify you as a person that thinks that "gettin and workin and workin and gettin" is what life is all about...WRONG!!!!
And you probably work for my ex-employer, or one just like him (he thinks you have to work 12-14hr days EVERY DAY or you ain't making money).

While not actually a part of my "picture" series, here is a little bit of advice for you job seekers.  If your employer went to college, ask them how much "partying they did" while in school or if they were in a Fraternity and what that organization did for the community.  If he/she says "oh yeah I partied my a$$ off, steer clear of them because they are most likely the kind of person that is having to work triple hard now to make up for what they should have already done in college.  You don't want to work for that kind of person.  They don't understand what life and family are about even though they say they are "all about family".  It's a cover up and a LIE!  I like Joe Wilson's "YOU LIE".  Ask them what's the predominant thought on their mind as they head off to work every day.  If they say anything but, "can't wait to get back home to my family", look elsewhere for employment.  They will suck the life out of you and brand you as not being a team player since you don't subscribe to their ideals.  As a side note, the USA is one of the few, if not the only, country that has a 40+ work hour work week as a general rule.

Ok back to my blogging.  The next photo is local, Cayce Riverwalk on the West Side, in the Capital City.  I originally took the photo of two young girls just sitting on a large river boulder.  They were just sitting there holding hands, as girlfriends are apt to do (you know way back when, when young girls out together were JUST BEST FRIENDS) and after a few shot's I noticed something else as I was zooming/cropping the frame.


What do you see?  If you don't see anything but a rock and some water.  That's ok that you you have no imagination!













And last but certainly not Least, I come to the most intriguing photo I think I have ever taken.  I and the wife (she's with me at all these locations, I couldn't imagine her not being with me anywhere.  After all she's my best friend, my best girl.  She's my bfbgbb!) were attending a civil war re-enactment and the Blue Coats were advancing on the good ole boys in Gray and it was a helluva battle, Musket fire, Cannon Fire, noise and explosions, whoops and hollers of the wounded and the about to be wounded and dead.  I was just rippin off frame after frame trying to catch some of the plumes of smoke being ejected from the black powder cannons. I did pretty good I thought.  Later that night my wife was uploading our pictorial event to her facebook page when she got a message from a cousin of hers that just blew me away.  I had not seen the image in the smoke...but her cousin did.  Once I was looking for it there it was just as plain as the nose on your face.

This photo has since been named, Ghost Rider.  I suspect it was Wade Hampton, but I could be mistaken.  You decide.
 

Well there you have it!  This is just a sampling of  What I See.  Sometimes I see it straightaway, sometimes others see it first...but tis there regardless and it only takes a bit of clearing your mind, forgetting everything you were taught up to this point in life and just looking with an open mind.  Being ready to accept a new concept, a shift of paradigm's, thinking out of the box.

One last final note on my blog today.  After my first entry, as I was on my way to run errands, I was listening to a new CD I made with some of my favourite songs and I heard one that really stopped me cold.  It seemed as though it had a lot do with what I had just posted.  I saw this performer live back in the 1970's and this was just one song on their latest album but it struck a chord with me way back then and if it don't hold true to this day, well then Grits ain't Groceries.

Leon Russell and the Shelter People - "Stranger In a Strange Land" (Russell, Don Preston)
Here is an excerpt that just seemed to fit in so well with my first blog entry:
Well, I don't exactly know



What's going on in the world today



Don't know what there is to say
About the way the people are treating
Each other, not like brothers

Leaders take us far away from ecology
With mythology and astrology
Has got some words to say
About the way we live today
Why can't we learn to love each other
It's time to turn a new face
To the whole world wide human race

Stop the money chase
Lay back, relax
Get back on the human track
Stop racing towards oblivion
Oh, such a sad, sad state we're in
And that's a thing

Do you recognize the bells of truth
When you hear them ring
Won't you stop and listen
To the children sing

Slainte`
G23

No comments:

Post a Comment